Wednesday, November 03, 2010

The Clinic...

There was a post that I've previously written (purposely attach the link here), that mentioned about the pharmacist in a clinic nearby my work place, where ironically we have so-called professionals that are not willing to give a helping hand to those in need.


This happened a few weeks back though, but we had a friend that visited that clinic and we told her not to do so because it's not worth it for a person like those in that particular clinic.
******
There was a loud bang and screeching metal on the ground. An MVP collided with a motorcycle right at the middle of a T-junction. Passer-by started to gather around the motorcyclist and traffic starts to slow down due to drivers that wan to "keh poh" (busy body).   

Ben: Do you think we should ask from the help of the doctor?
Boss: Ya ya, I think we should, let's go!
Me: eh!!! GOOD LUCK! (sarcastically)

Both of them ran to that same clinic that I went that day, asking if the doctor can help.
The same pharmacist folded his hands and said (in BM): You call the ambulance-la!

(lol, luckily this time he did not ask whether the person that was involve in the accident was a Chinese, Malay or Indian...)

But.. *sigh*... I guess I watched too much TV where it was a route of escapism and the world was so perfect..

The reason why they had gone there in the first place would be the same reason every Malaysian knows-- ambulance takes at least 20 minutes to reach the location of accident, or maybe longer.

What if the person needed first aid or what so ever?
What if none of the passer-by knew how to help him?
What if within that 20 minutes before the ambulance arrives, was the period of time he needed medical attention the most?
Hah! professionals my a**!

No comments:

Post a Comment