Thursday, March 08, 2012

妃行巴厘之住宿篇

 有人说外国的月亮比较圆,the grass is always greener on the other side. 
尽管您仰望的是同一片天空,可是不同的人格有着绝然不同的感觉。
 
巴厘的美,我无法用言语形容,
but it is definitely a place that I would come back. 
Thanks to my friend who insisted on going, I would have thought again and again to step into this island.

Pic: the room I stayed
 
Coincidentally, I found Brata 1 Guesthouse in Tripadvisor, reviews has been pretty positive so I decided I should go for it. It is after all my first time in Bali, what would an adventure be if we don't risk it (well, T&C applied). And indeed, I have found a wonderful place with wonderful people. 
In fact, Balinese are generally very polite and friendly, they don't mind sharing and telling stories. They would try to speak to you even if they are not that fluent in English, it just takes a little bit more patience to try to understand them.
 
 The room that I stayed had been pretty simple, down to earth kinda accommodation. There may not be water heater but with the weather you don't really need one. And the hospitality warms you with a nice breakfast (toasted bread with yummy banana filling and fruits) and friendly chat.

 And coincidentally, I caught this view and I must take this picture (above). It happened to be the 15th night of Lunar Calendar, a perfect full moon and the chilling breeze, with a nice cold Bintang Beer and Bali Hai, ah.. Heaven..

Spent 4 nights here and then we moved on to the next destination for another 2 nights-- Kuta, Bali. 
Hidden Oasis is located as a very strategic place (well most of them are, this town is not that big after all), mainly because it is not located within the maze-like"gang" (tiny little streets with LOTS of motorcyclist). There's no hot water either and it is air-conditioned (no fan at all though), so it gets a bit too cold sometimes while its sunny hot outside.
But downside of it are the vendors below who are aggressive, mind you they ARE really aggressive...
  I may not have had the chance to stay in a villa with a nice private pool or a private bungalow like Julia Robert did in Eat, Pray, Love, (*lol* cz the local driver kept talking about it), but the random chat with the locals, the experiment of local delicacy, the understanding of local culture, was enough for me rate this trip a 4 stars over 5 (minus 1 for the over-aggressive vendors since one of them wasn't polite to me). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment