但是,马来西亚人民还是赢了!
2013年5月5日,身为首投族的我看见了前所未有的人潮。就连远在国外的游子都回家投票!
I have never been much of a fan of the politics, I used to be like some people I knew-- proudly announce that I hated politics and I don't give a shit about what they do in the parliament. Gladly say that I live my life my way and they play their dirty tricks in their circle and what they do or did, has nothing to do with me.
Yet, as I grew, I realize things are not as easy as it seems.
Politic is (social) Science, it's also a combination of Art. There's a beauty in politics and there's an amazing ripple effect it holds. More and more people learnt and are learning to appreciate politics the civilized way, more and more people learnt to express themselves. 308, 709, 428, 505 are significant numbers for they are not mere digits but memories and reminder to the Rakyat.
It is clear that the opposition has won for you have had more supporters den ever, in fact your total supporters exceeds the number of supporters of BN. I am here not to state my preference of a party over another, but my pride of being a Malaysian, and that Malaysians have awaken and increasingly take notice of the political arena, this includes me. We do not need to BE in the political arena to show that we have a say, we have a vote in our hand to show that we care.
Was watching the news and waited anxiously after the poll closed at 5pm, and followed all the way until I couldn't stay awake anymore. I have never been so nervous over these kinda results for I never cared until these few years.
You can state whatever you want on media and set your agenda the way you want it but I do not and will not concord to the statement that this is a "Chinese Tsunami". Instead, it is a "Urban Tsunami". Malaysians showed that they want a change, they do not want to continue to be the victim of constitutional loopholes, or the helpless person that wished miracle would happen and wait to be fed and awarded.
As I was scrolling through FB and read what people have to say from their perspectives, one caught my eyes and I just want to say that Social Media is indeed not the World, but it has assist people as alternative medium to see and hear from a different point of view. Indeed it is true that information obtained are not necessary true, but it comes back to one same question-- how sure are you that information from "credible" sources are not bias?
Clean is in fact, subjective.
Credibility is in fact, subjective.
For there is no formula to define what these descriptions are, and it's not as simple as 1+1=2.
Come what may, but we are not defeated, instead we are slowly evolving for a better future.
No comments:
Post a Comment