We walked into the Korean Restaurant in Taipan, welcomed by friendly smile of the receptionist over the counter, overwhelming crowd and chatters and laughters of diners...
It was only moments later that I realized: "oh.. ya.. it's Fathers' Day.."
The supposed bliss of getting to fulfill your cravings went down to drain. Like a free fall from the cliff where you don't know when you'll meet the point that you'd crash and crush.
The environment was, out of a sudden, awkward.
Haven't been celebrating Fathers' Day for so long, I don't even remember that this day of the month was suppose to be a special day.
As if, it is irrelevant to me.
I once sent you a message, sending you my wishes.
I got a reply. I was thrilled! I was almost jumping for the joy I felt and I was anxious to open that message and read what you had to say! What more for a person that barely sends a sms, each and every little msg from you was simply, precious.
But when I did, I wished I could take back everything I've hoped for. And pretend that I've never did, sincerely, sent you my wishes.
That was the end of my very last celebration, or rather, my hope.
"Do you have a father?" It continuously ring in my head. Again and again.
And it reminds me, again and again, that some things, cannot be reconciled..
No comments:
Post a Comment